Rady Children's Hospital
Rady Children's Center for Healthier Communities was established in 1996 to be the hub for the Hospital’s community health improvement strategies.
In the ensuing years, the Center has gained recognition for facilitating practical and successful community health outcomes and mobilizing individuals, organizations and systems to combine forces to create healthier communities for children.
The Center is focused on:
- Analyzing child-health issues and effective strategies to address them.
- Developing innovative strategies to address emerging issues.
- Convening and motivating organizations and individuals to act to strategically to improve child health.
- Launching strategically focused initiatives to fill gaps in access to information and services.
- Advocating for and leveraging assets from private and public sectors.
- Linking providers and families with prevention-oriented programs and services.
- Supporting the development of child-health research.
Make A Donation!
PoVa Therapeutic Riding Center
PoVa Therapeutic Riding Center's mission is to provide equine assisted activities and therapies to children and adults with physical, cognitive and/or emotional disabilities.
We strive to enhance the lives of our riders, their families and volunteers in a safe, equestrian oriented environment.
Poway Valley Therapeutic Riding Center (PoVa) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization offering therapeutic horseback riding to children and adults with special needs. The lessons are led by the program’s Executive Director, Ingrid Mourey who is a PATH International Advanced Instructor. She is working with a dedicated team of instructors whose expertise includes therapeutic riding instructor certifications, extensive equestrian backgrounds, and teaching experience in the special needs classroom.
Ways to Help